We've updated the APX6000/7000/8000 cases based on several years of input and user experience. The case will still fit all known OEM batteries (including the new "fat" extended battery which replaced the "tall" extended battery a couple years ago).
- Retention lanyard moved to back of case for an even more streamlined, minimalist case
- Better coverage of the APX7000 screen and housing
- Side programmable buttons (below the PTT) are now accessible but still protected from unwanted activation
See pics below for a look at the new cases. They are shipping now in plain black. Basketweave will still be the former generation case for a couple months and our 6 colors will ship as the former generation case until we can get the new cases run in those colors.
Click HERE to go to the APX6000 / APX7000 / APX8000 Portable Radio Cases
Making room on your belt/vest is important these days with the amount of gear needed. Many departments have authorized patrol rifles and folks need a place to carry a spare mag. We include the ability to mount your DMP to an AR mag case in order to save footprint. If you want to do this, order the DMP with malice clips (base price level) and the AR with Tek-Lok for duty belt or malice clips for molle vests. You can leave a note to seller prior to adding one of the items to your cart that you will be mounting them together and we can leave the attachments off so you can set it up how you want.
1. Mount the DMP to the AR mag case by holding the threaded post (female) inside the DMP:
2. Using a thin barrel Phillips head screwdriver, insert the screw through the AR case into the DMP (repeat times 4):
3. Once all 4 screws are holding the 2 cases together, hold a threaded post inside the AR mag case facing out the back and place a screw through the tek-lok (or malice clip) to affix the attachment (repeat times 4):