Outer Carrier Info
MOLLE VEST / OUTER CARRIER INFORMATION
THIS PAGE IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION REGARDING THE BENEFITS OF OUTER CARRIERS (MOLLE ETC) FOR AGENCIES RESEARCHING THE DECISION TO TRANSITION FROM DUTY BELT GEAR CARRY TO MOLLE OR OTHER OUTER CARRIERS FOR UNIFORMED DUTY AND/OR SPECIALIZED USE.
The medical benefits of outer carriers have been studied and reported on through Dr Janot's study at UWEC as well as other organizations. WEAU News recently reported that the study is still recognized and used by law enforcement. 2018 article from the University of Eau Claire recognizing the positive benefits of vests and contact information for the study group and ECPD Deputy Chief.
BENEFITS OF RIGID KYDEX OR INJECTION MOLDED DUTY GEAR:
- Rigid cases do not lose their shape over time.
- Nylon and leather gear can eventually wear and gear can rub holes in the pouch leading to loss of equipment and the need for replacement pouches.
- Rigid cases are made of material that is resistant to blood borne pathogens and other substances that can transmit viral pathogens (COVID etc). Rigid cases can be wiped clean, nylon and leather will soak up and retain the pathogens and other liquids.
- Rigid cases maintain the look/appearance throughout their lifetime, nylon will fade and no longer match the outer carrier, sometimes after only a few months of use.
- Rigid cases protect expensive equipment (portable radios, body cameras, mic packs etc) through retention, crush protection from falls or fighting with subjects and will drain water/mud instead of soak it into the case and hold it close to the gear.
- Rigid cases have a more professional and less "militaristic" look than oversized non-fitting nylon pouches with velcro flaps over top.
- Rigid cases are typically lighter than nylon and leather counterparts which increases the effect of the medical benefit that outer carriers provide.
- We can make custom cases for most equipment if we can get the equipment into the shop. We custom make dash cam mic, bodycamera, portable radio cases and other gear to custom fit the exact piece of equipment instead of trusting it to a shapeless nylon pouch that does not protect or retain it.
Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. There may be uniform stores and/or dealers close to you that carry vests and our duty gear. We can also try to locate agencies local to you that already carry our gear.
For more examples of vest setups and rigid cases in action, check our INSTAGRAM page.